Filed under: Services
It's for situations just like that one (among others) that the new Premium Return Protection service from American Express was created. Premium Return Protection is a new service from American Express that gives shoppers up to 180 days to return popular items that retailers will no longer accept. That means that American Express will refund the purchase price of the item including tax (up to $600) and return shipping (up to $20 per item). The new service is available to all consumers -- you don't have to be an American Express cardholder -- for an annual price of $49.99 and will cover purchases made with any credit, debit or charge card from any financial services company as well as American Express prepaid cards. That means if you paid for an item with a Visa, MasterCard or Discover card – any credit, debit or charge card from someone other than American Express – you can enjoy the benefits of American Express with Premium Return Protection. You can read more about the service, including frequently asked questions, here.
Now the fun part: Thanks to our friends at American Express one lucky Luxist reader will win a one-year subscription to the Premium Return Protection service ($49.99 value) AND a $500 AmEx Gift Card to go do some serious worry-free shopping. To enter leave a comment on this post telling us about your biggest purchase regret. The giveaway ends on December 21, 2010 at 5:00pm EST, see additional rules below.
THE ENTRY PERIOD IS NOW OVER, THE WINNER WILL BE NOTIFIED BY EMAIL. THANKS TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED!
* To enter, leave a confirmed comment below.
* The comment must be left and confirmed before December 21, 2010 at 5:00pm Eastern Time.
* You may only enter once.
* One winner will be selected in a random drawing and notified by email.
* One winner will receive a one-year subscription to the Premium Return Protection service ($49.99 value) and a $500 AmEx Gift Card – courtesy of American Express -- for a total value of $549.99.
* Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia.
See full giveaway rules here.