...Or, shall we say "fake jewelry with which you can get away?" One must be mindful of crossing their i's and dotting their t's when donning a faux anything.
The bling is expensive stuff. With the state of our economy, keeping up with the latest trends in jewelry is something few of us can actually do--but anyone can replicate it!
The thing to remember with fake jewelry is that it shouldn't look too costumey, and definitely shouldn't be so over-the-top that no one will ever believe it was within your means.
Five easy rules:
1. Less is more. Stick with smaller pieces of sparkle and you'll almost always get away with it.
2. When incorporating color, think about what stone the glass or plastic is supposed to look like, and make sure it looks like it.
3. Invest in two good neck chains, gold and silver, upon which to dangle fake charms in the latest necklace fashions. (In this season: Lockets, owls, and filigree.)
4. If the metal starts to lose its luster and you can't shine it up? Throw it out.
5. If anyone asks, just say it was a gift.
See the gallery below for some excellent inexpensive finds from Girl Props.
It's just another easy way to make life more lux for cheap or free.
Gallery: Lux Tip: Fake Jewelry