Where are the best
places in the world to buy a engagement ring? Telextext Holidays
created the list for the top ten places to buy a diamond and perhaps even save a bit of money.
The Belgian city is famous for its Diamond District and the area has a history of processing diamonds that dates back to
the 15th Century.
2. South Africa--Kimberley is famous for its diamond mines.
3. New York--Not cheap, but it
is the home of Tiffany's as well as many of the worlds top jewelers.
4. Australia--The Kimberley diamond mine is
home of the Australian Argyle diamonds
and is famous for pink diamonds.
5. Amsterdam--Like Antwerp, Amsterdam has a long history of diamond processing and the local factories offer
6. Paris--Like New York, not so much a budget option as a romance option.
7. India--As we have
mentioned before India's diamond industry is still in a nascent phase but the area of Jaipur offers a variety of
semi-precious stones and unique ethnic designs at a reduced price (especially if you are a good haggler).
Canada--Canada is the home of beautiful conflict-free diamonds.
9. Botswana-- world's largest producer of gem
diamonds and the most diamond-dependent country in the world.
10. Thailand--The low cost of manufacturing means
that you can find a good deal on jewelry and there are plenty of factories in the country.
Of course if you
plan to visit an exotic location to pick up your diamond you always need to do due diligence to make sure that your
stone and ring are everything that the person selling them says they are. But having a romantic adventure to find the
ring might make the event even more special.