Filed under: Dining
Chocolate is an easy sell for most lovers but dashing out to a local spot for a little decadence could add that bit of spontaneity and sweetness to your evening. New York Magazine has their top five chosen and the list already has me salivating -- remember, it doesn't have to be Valentine's Day to go out for a treat but its a good place to start the habit. Here are the top five dessert stops in New York City...if you're in the Big Apple for the holiday don't miss these.
- Falai -- 68 Clinton St.: Known for chef Iacopo Falai's dark, rum-soaked baba cake
- Café Sabarsky -- 1048 Fifth Ave: Bringing old world coffee together with Viennese tortes and strudels
- Dessert Truck -- University Pl: Outside an NYU dorm, get a little chocolate-bread pudding and stroll through campus.
- ChikaLicious -- 203 E. 10th St: A dessert-only stop, the sorbet floating in sparkling wine sounds divine (see picture above)
- Chocolate Room -- 86 Fifth Ave: Anything chocolate you can think of...beer, tea, cake -- you name it!
Gallery: Top 5 Dessert Stops in NYC