Filed under: Spirits
- Bourbon: sweet and a must-have for eggnog. Try the Wild Turkey line of Kentucky Straight Bourbon (101 Proof, $23)or the A.H. Hirsch 16-Year-Old Pot-Stilled Straight Bourbon Whiskey ($75)
- Scotch: fruity and woody flavors are very Christmasy. Try Glenmorangie 12-Year-Old Burgundy Wood Finish ($50) or the Caol Ila 12-Year-Old ($40)
- Rum: clear, light rums are perfect for mixing into punch. Try Don Q Cristal ($16),or Mount Gay Eclipse ($18).
- Brandy: warming on its own and great in a Sidecar. Rémy Martin Fine Champagne VSOP ($25) or Boulard Pays D'Auge Grand Solage ($35)
- Eau-de-Vie: light and fruity, ideal for accompanying desserts. Forget partridges and stick with pear flavors, like Fassbind Poire William ($49)