Feb 18th 2010 9:50PM Fluoride is a poison that causes a developmental delay in children causing their adult teeth to erupt later than normal, thus less tooth decay.
It is not a "mineral" that is necessary for your teeth. The natural form of fluoride is not used in our water supply either. It is silca-fluoride which is a toxic by-product of fertilizer production.
Basically they dump it in our water supply rather than disposing of it properly thus saving them a bunch of money.
If you think fluoride is so good for you then why not swallow your toothpaste afterwards? Oh wait, fluoride is poisonous....LOL