Jun 2nd 2006 3:25PM Good point, Francesca...what odor is the hotel attempting to mask? Typically, hotels have experienced an issue with excess water accidents at one time or another due to pipe malfunctions, exterior weather conditions or even a guest leaving the bathtub faucet on too long resulting in an overflow. This over saturation of an area can make for a stinky situation. Additionally, the ventilation systems, if not properly and frequently cleaned out, can literally spray mold spores, allergens and germs throughout the entire building. Personally, I love scents and probably would enjoy smelling the ones these hotels are starting to use. However, I believe that a business which houses the public should not impose a specific aroma on guests no matter how "nice" they believe it is. After all, everyone HAS to breath. Open a window, huh?