Some feel compelled to purchase kitchenware, especially if a couple is just starting out. There are two items that I always get great feedback on: the crockpot and the deep fryer. This is definitely a "know your audience" type of purchase (especially with the deep fryer), but it's the sort of kitchen equipment that no one thinks they need ... until every meal is cooked in it. I'm not sure I can recommend a deep fryer for a small NYC apartment, but I've seen them work wonders in more spacious homes. You can fry anything! In seconds! And it's delicious! And honestly not that greasy! Who knew?
The crockpot may seem kitchy and 70's, but don't knock it 'til you've tried it. The Williams Sonoma All Clad Deluxe Slow Cooker (shown, $279.95) does everything but shop for you. 21/05/09
- The Classicist: Southern Proper's Timeless Style
- Fairy Tale Castle on the French Riviera, Estate of the Day
- Shoot 'n Share Camcorder Projector: Simple Enough for a Child to Use
- Five Fabulous Things to Do On A Ski Trip Without the Skis in Park City, Utah
- The Classicist: Thoroughbreds, Bourbon and Private Planes from Flexjet
- World's Most Expensive Poker Set for $7.5 Million