Mark cooks a sensible interpretation of regional Italian “Cucina Classica,” utilizing responsibly raised and locally grown products; hence the name, Del Posto (of the place).
A protégé of Mario Batali, Mark began his culinary education at Johnson & Wales University in Providence, Rhode Island. He cooked at the original Olives in his native Charlestown (Boston, MA) for Chef Todd English. In New York City, he worked for several years with the chefs Scott Bryan and Jean Georges Vongerichten. In 2002, he opened Babbo as Sous Chef. He has since opened, and is now the Executive Chef, of Lupa, Otto and Del Posto, which he runs with partners Mario Batali, and Joe and Lidia Bastianich.Ted Axelrod 02/12/10
- The Classicist: Southern Proper's Timeless Style
- Fairy Tale Castle on the French Riviera, Estate of the Day
- Shoot 'n Share Camcorder Projector: Simple Enough for a Child to Use
- Five Fabulous Things to Do On A Ski Trip Without the Skis in Park City, Utah
- The Classicist: Thoroughbreds, Bourbon and Private Planes from Flexjet
- World's Most Expensive Poker Set for $7.5 Million