Alain Ducasse wanted to recreate the early-20th-century décor of Benoit in Paris within the four walls of Benoit in New York. Everything from the tiling to the wood paneling, the red velvet banquettes to the copperware, the engraved panes of glass to the marble pedestals, the lamps and huge mirrors to the old posters adorning the walls echoes the feeling of the original Benoit. The restaurant seats 133 guests, including the 31-seat bar and 102-seat dining room on the main level. A 60-seat private dining room located on the second level can be subdivided into three smaller private dining salons: Saint Martin, Hôtel de Ville, and Rivoli, each named after streets leading to Benoit in Paris. Outdoor seating is be available during the warmer months.
Benoitis located at 60 West 55th Streetbetween Fifth and Sixth Avenues, New York, NY10019. The restaurant is open open daily from 11:45 am to midnight. A late night menu is also available Monday to Saturday from 10:30 pm to 12:00 am. For reservations, please call 646.943.7373. For more information, please visit www.BenoitNY.com.
Benoit New York 02/02/11
- The Classicist: Southern Proper's Timeless Style
- Fairy Tale Castle on the French Riviera, Estate of the Day
- Shoot 'n Share Camcorder Projector: Simple Enough for a Child to Use
- Five Fabulous Things to Do On A Ski Trip Without the Skis in Park City, Utah
- The Classicist: Thoroughbreds, Bourbon and Private Planes from Flexjet
- World's Most Expensive Poker Set for $7.5 Million