The tableware at Benoit is meant to illustrate the balance of tradition and modernity. Several pieces are sourced from around the world, with many signature elements made exclusively for Alain Ducasse: custom-made red coffee cups by Pillivuyt, steak knives by Opinel, colourful individual “cocottes” for side dishes, slate lion’s head soup bowls, as well as Alain Ducasse’s signature Cookpot – a Pillivuyt porcelain oven-to-table dish used to cook vegetables, which Alain Ducasse created with designer Pierre Tachon (seen above).
Thomas Duval 02/02/11
- The Classicist: Southern Proper's Timeless Style
- Fairy Tale Castle on the French Riviera, Estate of the Day
- Shoot 'n Share Camcorder Projector: Simple Enough for a Child to Use
- Five Fabulous Things to Do On A Ski Trip Without the Skis in Park City, Utah
- The Classicist: Thoroughbreds, Bourbon and Private Planes from Flexjet
- World's Most Expensive Poker Set for $7.5 Million