Wreck Week 2011 at Rosewood's Little Dix Bay: A Luxury Diving Paradise
That's part of the reason we're so eager to show off their newest luxury package offered at Virgin Gorda resort Little Dix Bay in the British Virgin Islands. The third annual "Wreck Week" offers unparalleled access to some of the Caribbean's best dive sites and includes five days of diving -- 14 dives total on 13 wrecks.
* Accommodations for seven nights in a Garden View guestroom
* Full breakfast for two daily in The Pavilion
* Six lunches, two on board the dive boat and four on the island
* Three dinner parties
* Round-trip transportation daily to dives and dinner
* Complimentary gear clean and secure storage
* Gift bag and Wreck Week t-shirt
* Discounts on all retail items in Dive BVI stores
* Add-ons for equipment
Divers will be able to visit:
* RMS Rhone: This "unsinkable," 310-foot British packet ship took the plunge off Salt Island during a hurricane in October 1867, taking 123 lives with it. The wreck has been treated admirably over the years, with her bow remaining relatively intact and coral-encrusted iron hull providing fertile habitat lobster, eel, octopi and countless fish.
* Chikuzen: One of the best dives because of its remote location, this ship is home to amazing marine life including barracuda, snapper, stingrays, nurse sharks and a resident 600-pound grouper.
* Inganes Bay: Sunk as an artificial reef in 1996, this 136-foot steel freighter from Holland was damaged during a storm off Tortola and now lays 95-feet down off Cooper Island.
Wreck Week 2011 begins May 28.