Ralph Lauren's Cars, Private Parrot Cay Villa & More in Bid to Save the Earth Auction - Part 2
Last week we reported on the host of international celebrities, creative icons, industry leaders and conservationists joining together with famed auction house Christie's to support the 2011 Green Auction, a momentous live event and companion online auction raising funds and awareness for the preservation and sustainability of the planet.
Christie's has partnered with luxury charity auction site charitybuzz.com to put more than 200 coveted auction packages online from now through April 7 to raise funds for Oceana, the Natural Resources Defense Council, Conservation International and the Central Park Conservancy. Supporters can make a Bid to Save the Earth at www.charitybuzz.com/BidtoSavetheEarth.
A companion invite-only event and live fantasy auction hosted by Seth Meyers will be held at Christie's New York on March 29 in partnership with Vogue's Runway to Green. The event will feature a fashion show sponsored by Tiffany & Co. on the night of the live auction, with designer collection selections available online through Net-A-Porter.com.
In part one of our report on the incredible experiences on offer, we focused on the big ticket items estimated at over $100,000 apiece, including a ride with Harrison Ford on his private plane. Now we're selecting some of our favorite lots across a range of expected prices (N.B.: Lagerfeld and Ducasse are being auctioned off live tonight):
Some of course still require pretty deep pockets, but it's for a great cause:
• An incredible international culinary tour with world renowned chef Alain Ducasse, with a taste of the finest gourmet foods in New York, Paris, Provence and Tuscany - Estimate = $75,000
• Fly to Paris for the full Chanel Couture Experience, including front row tickets to Chanel's 2011 Couture Show, face time with designer Karl Lagerfeld, a private tour of Coco Chanel's apartment, a Chanel handbag and a five night stay at The Ritz - Estimate = $75,000
• Ralph Lauren's car collection in Paris experience, including a private tour of the amazing museum exhibit featuring his 1958 Ferrari and more that we wrote about in February, dinner for four at the designer's Paris restaurant and a $1,000 shopping spree at his St. Germain flagship store - Estimate = $25,000
• A five night stay in a private beach villa at the luxe Parrot Cay Resort (above) on a stunning 1,000 acre private island in the Turks and Caicos with round-trip airfare courtesy of Delta Airlines - Estimate = $24,000
• A stunning Girard-Perregaux chronograph watch custom made for the auction housing a self-winding manufactured caliber, world time with day/night indication, and date - Estimate = $15,000
• An afternoon of falconry with environmental activist Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. in Bedford, NY for you and a friend - Estimate = $5,000
Gallery: A Bid to Save the Earth, Part II