Holiday Gift Guide for the Ultimate Barbie Lover
Mattel's Barbie has released her next line of unique items in the new Blond Book collection, a collection that celebrates all things blond. This collection is filled with fab items from around the globe, from accessories to a one-of-a-kind corset and dolls designed by fashion's avant-garde duo, The Blonds.
Here's a list of some of some dream-worthy items from the Blond Book collection that are sure to please the most fervent Barbie fan:
- For the art lover, there's the pop art piece A Plastic Tan Never Fades. Priced at $750, the (30" W by 40" H) piece is made to order and printed on white Plexiglas. Allow up to 14 weeks for delivery.
- A once-in-a-lifetime tour of Beverly Hills, Barbie-style, of course. For $10,000, the trip is complete with two business class round trip tickets, three nights stay at a 5-star hotel (double occupancy), and private car service while in Los Angeles. The package includes professional photography and a custom scrapbook. Only one trip is available. To place an order, contact (800) 491-7514.
Gallery: Barbie's Blond Book Collection
- Only an exclusive few of Barbie's biggest fans have the opportunity to purchase the limited edition Bonzini Babyfoot Barbie Foosball Table. In place of the standard aluminum figurines of soccer (or "football" in Europe) players, are leggy line-ups of Barbie dolls, ready for action. Both a work of art, as well as a super-glam spin on a game-room classic, the Barbie Foosball table has garnered lots of attention since its creation. This item retails for $25,000 and is available for special order by contacting the FAO Schwarz NYC Flagship Store at (212) 644-9400. Please allow 3-4 weeks for delivery (free shipping).
- "Blonded by the Light", a rare golden beryl gemstone (11.8 carats) ring is offered for $12,500. Designed by famed Beverly Hills jewelers Layna and Alan Friedman, this show-stopping ring is set in a micro pave setting accented with 222 round, brilliant cut diamonds (total weight) 1.37 carats). Only one is available; allow up to six weeks for delivery. To place an order, contact (800) 491-7514.
- The adult-sized custom-made couture black and white beaded corset is available for $10,000. It is hand-crafted and made to order and was featured in The Blond's New York Fashion Week Show.
- Three limited edition Barbie dolls designed by Christian Louboutin are available for $150 each. The "Barbie" by Christian Louboutin doll is ultra modern with sleek makeup, a fiery red mane and four pairs of Christian Louboutin-designed shoes (complete with miniature shoe boxes and cloth shoe bags). The doll is dressed in a sleek black catsuit. The Anemone Barbie wears a stunning lime green gown with purple bow attached as an elegant train. Lavender shoes and a glittery bracelet complete this red carpet look. The "Dolly Forever" Barbie Doll is dressed in a khaki safari dress with lace-up front, Golden chain hip belt and bright pink thigh high fringe boots. Three additional pairs of shoes and pink sunglasses are also included. There is a limit of five dolls per order, while supplies last and starting today, and running through December 10th, there is a 25% discount and free shipping on any Christian Louboutin doll.
- Barbie: A Rare Beauty by Sandi Holder is an amazing visual feast of 50 years of beautiful dolls, showcasing more than 500 striking photographs of some of the finest and rarest dolls ever created. Author and celebrated Barbie doll expert Sandi Holder presents a banquet of gorgeous vintage dolls, classic fashion sets, prototypes, one-of-a-kind rarities, Japanese fashions, store displays, licensed products and many never-before-seen items in this stunning presentation of the grandest doll ever: Barbie. The book retails for $30.
- Three different one-of-a-kind dolls designed by premier Barbie designer, Linda Kyaw, were offered, but each one quickly sold out. Kyaw spent nearly 100 hours of hand artistry creating the dolls. Priced at $5,000, the "Coiffed Couture" doll has platinum poker-straight hair wrapped in a studded leather band. The face is hand-painted complete with false eyelashes. The corset is hand-braided with canary yellow and clear Swarovski stones and the pink Lucite earrings are paired with matching bangles. The "Say My Name" doll was priced at $5,000. Created by Kyaw, the one-of-a-kind doll dressed in a hand-beaded corset dress with clear and pink Swarovski crystals, was sold with a display case. The "Night Out" Barbie, priced at $5,000, is dressed in a black and white corset made with Swarovski crystals.
- The prototype of the Farrah Fawcett Barbie Doll, which was priced at $1,500, has already sold, but the mass-produced model will be launched in the fall of 2011.
- Locks of Light was hand-crafted for the Barbie Dream House in Malibu. The one-of-a-kind chandelier from Project Runway's Chris March, which retails for $9,000 is already sold out.