The Peninsula Hotels Support Breast Cancer Awareness with Special Offers for Guests
As part of the its "Enriching Your Life" initiative, the Peninsula Hotels in North America and Asia are showing support for Breast Cancer Awareness Month throughout October with special offers.
Guests will enjoy pink décor as well as "Pink Ribbon" promotions that include room and spa packages, parties, teas and dinners with a percentage of the proceeds going directly to breast cancer-related charities.
The Peninsula Tokyo
• Dining: There will be pink-themed promotions at four restaurants with JPY 10 from each "Pink Ribbon" promotion sale donated to local breast cancer charities. The Banquet Division will contribute JPY 100 for each confirmed guest when reserving the "Enriching Your Life and Community" party package. Hei Fung Terrace restaurant will feature Chef Frankie Tang's "Pink Ribbon" pudding with strawberries.
• Guests may enjoy The Peninsula "Pink Ribbon" Classic Afternoon Tea in The Lobby and receive a Peninsula teddy bear and Estee Lauder Pink Ribbon pin.
• Executive Pastry Chef Nojima offers a tasting box containing six kinds of pink sweets. When purchasing and wearing an Estee Lauder Pink Ribbon pin to the following restaurants; Peter, Hei Fung Terrace, The Lobby or The Peninsula Boutique & Café, they enjoy a complimentary aperitif with any meal.
• Spa by ESPA: The spa will donate JPY 50 from the sale of every spa treatment listed on the "Enriching Your Life and Community" menu.
•Décor: The entire hotel will illuminate its sweeping exterior and crown.
Gallery: The Peninsula Tokyo
The Peninsula Manila
• Dining: The hotel will feature four pink-themed Food and Beverage offerings with 15% of the proceeds of each item sold benefiting Icanserve.
• Décor: Throughout October, the grand fountain in front of the hotel will become a shining pink landmark when its 10.5 meter-high curved water-cascading steps will be illuminated in pink light. Hotel staff will wear pink ribbons and provide pamphlets on early breast cancer detection.
The Peninsula New York
• Dining: $5 will be donated to Making Strides Against Breast Cancer for every Afternoon Chari-tea served in Gotham Lounge. A special pink tea – Mighty Leaf's Organic Berry Wellness will be featured for its mineral-rich ingredients which support the health of those undergoing cancer treatments. Pastry items will display the "pink ribbon" breast cancer awareness symbol. Fives restaurant will donate $2 for every prix fix menu featuring Pink items including salmon, beets, etc.
• Event: Think Pink Flower Workshop and Afternoon Tea with Flowers of the World on October 23, 2010 from 2:00 pm to 4:30 pm in the Gramercy room. For each workshop and tea ticket purchase, a $15 donation will be made to Making Strides Against Breast Cancer.
• Spa by ESPA: The hotel will provide a complimentary Pink Hair and Scalp Mud Treatment and donate $5 with the purchase of a 60-minute Massage.
• Fundraiser: Peninsula New York employees will participate in the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk for the American Cancer Society on October 17, 2010.
• Décor: The entrance will feature pink lighting and pink florals in the lobby with pink ribbons adorning the Fu Dogs and front desk agents will wear pink ties and scarves.
The Peninsula Chicago
• Dining: The hotel will donate $3 for every guest who mentions Lynn Sage Cancer Research Foundation when making their afternoon "Pink tea" reservation. The special pink tea is Mighty Leaf's Organic Berry Wellness known for its mineral-rich ingredients.
• Décor: Pink remembrance ribbons will be placed on the Peninsula Fu Dogs in front of the hotel and pink lights will illuminate the hotel sign.
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
• Dining: The hotel will feature "The Peninsula Pink Tea" during daily Afternoon Tea in the Living Room. Along with the five-course menu, guests will receive a glass of pink champagne, a Peninsula "Cap Cake" packaged to enjoy at home and a $50 Tory Burch gift card. A portion of the proceeds of the tea will go to Susan G. Komen For The Cure.
The Peninsula Hong Kong
• The entire hotel will shine with pink backlighting to support and promote Breast Cancer Awareness Month.