A New Luxury Hybrid: Suites Of The World
The simplest, most lucrative ideas usually are not borne in a vacuum: they hybridize from others that have been successful, but with an ineffable something that seemed missing. So it was with Randall Brown and John Martinelli, who recently launched their new company, Suites Of The World. Brown and Martinelli combined their experiential intelligences in the luxury hotels and in private investment banking fields to create this company, the only one that provides travel professionals, their affluent clients and interested others with choice and access to high end and often historic suites.
Messrs. Brown and Martinelli knew about luxury hotels, the needs of high end private banking clients and realized -- more than once! -- how many of their clients, including celebrities, Fortune 500 executives, and luxury travel professionals were frustrated with the lack of readily-available information about the history and the availability of the world's top suites. "We've positioned Suites of the World to educate the affluent consumer as well as luxury travel professionals about the history and exclusivity of these suites." said Brown. "Additionally, we also have access to numerous suites and private properties not yet released to the general public, enabling an even more unique experience for those who have interest."
Suites of the World provides detailed information on all represented properties, from a current photo library and accurate floor plans to key security information on the suites and villas. Additionally, the company will assist in providing access for filming and arranging special events within the suites.
Suites of the World's collection of luxury hotel suites are hand-selected for their character, location, historic significance, style, and service. Many premier suites have been home to celebrities, royals, diplomats, and presidents. Just a few in New York include:
- The Presidential Suite at the Waldorf Towers (see below) is one where where every sitting president has stayed since Herbert Hoover. This suite is complete with JFK's actual rocking chair and Franklin Delano Roosevelt's private desk.
- The Royal Apartment also at the Waldorf Towers, ( see below) was the preferred residence of the Duke and Duchess of Windsor , and is currently used now by many living celebrities.
- and, for something a little different ( see below) is the N. Moore Suite at the Greenwich Hotel in New York' s TriBeCa district, where Robert De Niro. is part-owner. It is a duplex suite with 30-foot Atelier windows and fireplace.
Many more celebrity suites are part of Suites Of The World. here are just a few:
- The Marilyn Monroe Suite in Hollywood at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel
- Johnny Grant Suite is the private apartment of Johnny Grant known as the honorary mayor of Hollywood - coming online soon.
- The circular Panorama Suite, formerly a restaurant, has now been converted to a private suite overlooking the Hollywood Hills at the Renaissance.
- The Presidential Villa (West Hollywood) is at the newly-renovated Sunset Marquis and is an incredible pick for music professionals, models, and actors. This property is the only California hotel with a photography studio on site and five acres of beautifully-appointed grounds in a secluded location steps off the Sunset Strip.
- Casa Elar (90 minutes from LA) is Ojai's private gated villa with 10,400 square feet and designed to resemble a Tuscan-style villa.
- The Andalusian Presidential at the new Montelucia is in Paradise Valley. It was recently picked for President Obama during his trip to Arizona.
Suites of the World also offers an array of public relations, marketing and events assistance/coordination services for the luxury industry. Additionally, Brown and Martinelli have made special arrangements with Music Express and Jet Suites to provide preferred pricing for limousine services and private jets.
The company is currently expanding its network to include suites in London, Paris, Hong Kong, San Francisco, and Miami.
Pricing for these suites is still in process, and the limos, concierge and jet access are menu options. Rates vary, based on date and length of stay, however Mr. Brown suggests that the general range of pricing as of this writing ranges around $5K to $35K nightly.
Web site: www.suitesoftheworld.com
Address: 1932 Talmadge St., Los Angeles, CA 90027