The Five Sacred Rules of All Private Golf Clubs
Whether you're playing in Maine or New Mexico some things remain the same: the five sacred principles of how to behave at a private golf club. Each club has its own set of etiquette standards but these 5 rules apply everywhere.
- Never throw a golf club in anger. Ever.
- Don't change your shoes in the parking lot. It's tacky. Head to the locker room, that's what they're there for.
- No blue jeans. Not even really nice, expensive ones.
- Take your hat off when indoors or sitting down to eat.
- Turn off your cell phone when on the course or in the clubhouse.