The 20 Most Expensive Celebrity Weddings
How much would you spend on a wedding if money were no object? For most celebrities it isn't, and the result is wedding costs skyrocketing into the hundreds of thousands and even millions of dollars. Forbes recently compiled a list of the 20 most expensive celebrity weddings, going back as far as 20 years. Whether paying for 50,000 exotic flowers or renting an entire island to escape the paparazzi, celebrities spare no expense when it comes to having exactly what they want. The top 5 spenders, in order, are:
- Liza Minelli and David Gest: $3.5 million
- Paul McCartney and Heather MIlls: $3 million
- Elizabeth Hurley and Arun Nayar: $2.5 million
- Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes: $2 million
- Elizabeth Taylor and Larry Fortensky: $2 million
Sadly, 40% of the couples on the list are now divorced (including obviously Brad and Jennifer above), so feel free to check out this list of the most expensive celebrity divorces -- a few made both lists!