Barstools Are The Best Seats In The House
In NYC, more and more restaurants are incorporating bar seating, whether to create a pleasant waiting area for diners or simply to add more seating options to allow them to cater to more casual eaters in addition to the prix fixe crowd. New York Magazine has the scoop on some of the poshest stools and where in the city you'll find them.
- Designed by AvroKO and made of hot-rolled steel with a soft vinyl seat cover. Found at Quality Meats.
- Birillo bar stool designed by Joe Colombo has an extra-wide seat and extra-small backrest. It retails for around $2,800. Found at Centovini.
- Award-winning LEM Piston Stool from DWR, redone in silver calf leather. Retail is $700 each. found at Gilt.
- Super comfy and almost shabby chic, these stools have soft cushions and multiple footrests. Found at Boqueria.
- Designed by Pierre-Yves Rochon, these red leather and chrome stools are exclusive to L'Atelier de Joël Robuchon and other global Robuchon restaurants.