Sunday Real Estate Round-Up
• Sophia Loren's Hidden Valley compound is on the market for $8.9 million. The 38.5-acre estate has a a four-bedroom, Craftsman-style main house with a stone fireplace, rock walls and beam ceilings. The property also has a guest/pool house, two pools, staff quarters and stables. The listing can be found here.
• Elizabeth Daily, who has done voices in children's shows, has bought a Sunset Strip-area home for $2.75 million through probate court and plans to refurbish it.
• Hadley Davis,screenwriter of the Disney film "The Ice Princess," and her husband, Lee Rierson have put their Studio City house on the market for $1.25 million. The two-bedroom home is a modernist home designed by architect James DeLong. The listing can be found here.
• Ricardo Viñas, founder of Thrive Records, has purchased a two-bedroom home in Bel-Air for about $1.5 million.
•Brogan Lane,Dudley Moore's third ex-wife, has listed her penthouse condo in the Hollywood Hills at $639,000.
From the NY Post Gimme Shelter:
• The Drake Swissotel has been sold for a high bid of approximately $440 million and may be torn down to make room for a luxury condo complex.
• Another piece of the de Menil saga. Adelaide de Menil and her husband are trying to relocate the antique buildings on their property. Could this mean the $100 million deal will finally go through soon?
• Edie Falco has picked up a Hampton's lease, signing on to a Greek Revival-style home in the Noyac area near Sag Harbor.
From the NY TImes Big Deal:
• A two-bedroom apartment on Park Avenueis being listed at $27.5 million. The apartment is a duplex and it has two terraces on the lower level and a very large terrace on the 18th floor, where the two bedrooms are located. It was the home of Enid Haupt who reportedly paid $350,000 for the apartment way back in 1967.
• Movie director, Joe Roth paid $13 million for a penthouse at One Beacon Court.