Sunday Real Estate Round-Up
• Michelle Pfeiffer and her husband, David E. Kelley,have sold their Brentwood estate for about $19 million to Robert Iger, chief exec. of Walt Disney and his wife Willow Bay.
• An update on the ex-Newlyweds: Jessica Simpson has bought a five-bedroom, 5,500-square-foot Beverly Hills home that once belonged to Ellen DeGeneres, and also Paul Hogan,for over $5 million.
• David Draiman, lead singer of the band Disturbed, has purchased a castle-like home in Northridge for slightly more than $2.5 million.
• L.A. Lakers forward Brian Cook has purchased a townhouse in Manhattan Beach (is it just me or does every Laker seem to buy there)%uFFFD for just under $1.2 million.
From the NY Post's Gimme Shelter:
• Sales at 15 CPW have passed the $1 billion mark with a $45 million apartment still available on the 20th floor.
• Palm Beach luxe. Henry Kravis has purchased a $50 million Palm Beach estate that fronts Lake Worth.
• Robert Taubman has paid $12 million for a one-bedroom cottage on Two Mile Hollow Road in East Hampton. It sits on 4.7 acres so he can build himself a something a bit more suited for the wife and family.
From the NY Times Big Deal:
• Robert Morgenthau, the Manhattan district attorney, and his wife, journalist Lucinda Franks, bought a two-bedroom unit above their apartment in a building near Central Park.
• Julianne Moore and her husband, writer/director Bart Freundlich, are buying a modest studio apartment in the West Village which was listed for $395,000.
• Hollywood comes to Brooklyn brownstones. Heath Ledger owns a townhouse with his girlfriend Michelle Williams and this month writer/director Peter Hedges and his wife Susan Bruce recently moved into a townhouse in the same neighborhood.